Planning a wedding can be stressful especially if you’re working on a limited budget. There’s so much you would like to achieve on that special day and if you’re not careful, your expenses will blow out of proportions, right before you know it. Check out the list below for it will surely help you cut down your wedding cost. I am a Y2017 bride-to-be. The indicated list and prices are based from Y2016 wedding cost in the Philippines.
Read away and remember to stick to your budget!
1 Keep your Guest Count at a Minimum
- Honestly, do you really have to invite every friend you had since you were born? I bet you don’t even know what’s going on with their lives lately. And no, I’m not talking about their recent post on Facebook.
- Here’s a tip: invite a friend if you are genuinely close with him / her, and that you were able to talk to him / her within the last 12 months.
- For example, your allotted budget per guest is 1000 PHP. If your initial guest count is at 250 guests, it means you need at least 250,000 PHP for food alone. Trimming down your guest list to 150 guests means you’ll save 100,000 PHP on your wedding cost. Amazing, right?
2 Forget about Your Dream Hotel Wedding
- Hotel wedding in the Philippines is so expensive. Their packages ranges from 2000 to 3000 PHP per pax. So, let’s say you’re sticking with your trimmed down guest list of 150 pax. If you opted for a hotel wedding, your wedding cost can blow up to 300,000 – 450,000 PHP.
- If you really want to save up on your reception venue, follow tip #3.
3 Consider Your Own Space for Your Reception Venue
- Consider yourself lucky if you or your parents have a wide enough space to host a garden or indoor wedding. Did you know that renting a wedding reception venues nowadays ranges from 50,000 to 100,000 PHP? Imagine that amount of money going down the drain for a night’s rent.
- But, if there is really no one who can help you on this, at least keep your rental fee at a minimum. Scout for the best within your preferred location. Here’s are some links of popular and affordable venues for your reference:
4 Find the Best but Affordable Caterer
- “Best” doesn’t always have to be expensive. Established caterers surely had allot of experience to share with their future clients. They may have the best food and the best stage setup and table arrangements. But if doesn’t fit your budget, it just wouldn’t work out. My tip: look for a relatively new caterer which has a lot of positive reviews on their food taste and has a couple of wedding clients prior to you. The idea is to look for a caterer who is just making its way through the top but not quite there yet. They are perfect because their rates are still affordable and they’ll do their best to get a positive review from you.
- To give you an idea, wedding cost for caterers is around 700 PHP to 1500PHP per pax. Here are some affordable caterers whose name I keep noticing on different wedding forums due to a number of positive reviews they’re receiving.
5 Make your Own Wedding Invites
- It’s time to unleash your artsy side. Wedding Invitations as of today ranges from 80 to 150 PHP per pc. So in case you need 100 pcs of wedding invites, that will add 8,000 to 15,000 PHP to your wedding cost. So consider DIY wedding invites so you can save on labor cost. The materials will probably cost around 20 to 30 PHP per pc. only. Hooray for saving 6,000 to 12,000 PHP!
- Need inspiration for your Do-It-Yourself Wedding invites? Sign up at https://www.pinterest.com.
6 Go RTW or Rent Your Bridal Gown
- Classy and sophisticated wedding gown is a must for bride-to-be’s. This can cost you for as much as 50,000 to 100,000 PHP when you book for a couturier. But really, what’s up with that anyway. Why do Filipinos always go for a one of a kind pricey gown that they will only wear once in their entire life? If you’re worried that you’ll end up wearing the same gown with one of your guest when choosing RTW, fret not. Just tell your guests to refrain from wearing the color of your gown. In that way, you’ll stand out from the rest of the crowd. RTW gowns at Divisoria ranges from 5,000 to 10,000 PHP. At wedding boutiques, it can range from 20,000 to 50,000 PHP.
- If you think the wedding gown within that RTW budget is still not classy enough, why not rent a wedding gown instead? There are several boutique shop which offer this type of services. Wear that 70,000 PHP gown on your wedding day by renting it for only 10,000 to 20,000 PHP. Truly a steal deal and a big slash from your wedding cost. Here are some rental boutiques for your reference:
7 Infinity Gown for Your Bridesmaids
- Foreign customs, mostly let their bridesmaids shoulder their own gowns. You just tell them the motif and it’s done. No hassle and no additional wedding cost for the wedding couple. Here in the Philippines, it’s different. Friends and family will expect you to pay for it. An entourage gown package can cost up to 30,000 to 70,000 PHP depending on who’s your couturier. Another headache and additional cost if you will ask me. But then, I found this infinity gowns while I was surfing the net, and I fell in love with it. It’s pretty, classy and fits to anyone. It comes in different colors too. The best part is it only cost 1,700 PHP per gown. Amazing! You may checkout this page for your infinity gown needs: Love, C Manila.
8 No Program, Just Eat and Dance the Night Away!
- No Program means no Emcees, No Singers, No Live Band. It will be just you, your spouse, your family and friends. The thought of a boring party may haunt you, and it can be pretty damn scary. Don’t let that thought linger that much. All you have to do is allot enough budget for your lights and sound needs. Then, on you special day, just play some party music and go with the flow. Enjoy! If you’re feeling uneasy that the “no program” scheme will not work? Just Imagine how much can be trimmed down from your wedding cost if you are willing to let go of the program. A LOT. It’s your call, what will it be?
9 Ditch that Bridal Car
- If you have your own car or a family car perhaps, then use it. Be sentimental and practical. Vintage or luxurious bridal car rent ranges from 6,000 to 12,000 PHP. Surely, you will look like a princess after stepping out from that car in your wedding video. But, you’ll be a princess with less than 12K in her pocket. Is that what you really want? Besides, someday when you look at your wedding pictures, you’ll want to see the car that matters to you most, not the car you’ve only seen for just a few hours, right?
10 Attend Bridal Fairs for Discounts and Freebies
- Bridal fair is a gift from heaven for wedding couples. All those amazing wedding suppliers gathered in one roof is just happiness. And since they are all fighting for your attention and reservation, most of them offer incredible discounts and freebies. For our photo and video, we are able to get a steal deal package for a total of 50,000 PHP only. It’s inclusive of 2 Photographers, 2 Videographers, 1 10×10 Photo Album, 2 Parent Photo Albums, Save the Date: Pre-nup video and Pictorials, Same Day Edit Video (3-5min), 45min. Wedding Video Edit on a CD, and an Aerial Shot. The regular cost of that package is approx. 65,000 to 75,000 PHP if we’re to avail it outside the bridal fair schedule. Checkout their videos and pictures on these links: One R Graphic Studios – FB Page or Vimeo.
- For the upcoming bridal fairs schedules, check the following links:
So that’s it! Here are some additional tips and parting words, which I hope will help you further as you cut down your wedding cost. Remember to…
- Distribute Tasks to Family and Close Friends. Ask them to be the welcoming committee, who’ll assist guests for their table numbers. Ask them to encourage other guests to use the photobooth, and to distribute the souvenirs after the wedding. Don’t be afraid. Ask for help.
- Be Resourceful. If you feel that your caterer’s table arrangement is not enough, then opt for a DIY and add it as center pieces. There’s a lot of ideas at pinterest. Check them out.
- Stick to your budget. I just have to repeat it so it’ll stick to you. I know it will be tempting to shed out additional cash since it’s a “once in a lifetime” kind of event. But, treat this phase as your practice ground. You’ll be having a family soon. Don’t go wasting every bit of your money on just one night.
So there! Enjooooy your wedding plans! Don’t forget to share this article to your friends and family, especially for all those brides-to-be. 🙂
** All photos are taken from Pixabay.